To share its vision and experiences on REDD+, the Government of Democratic Republic of the Congo hosts three events at CoP 17 on 2, 4 and 5 December. See agenda and read descriptions.
1- Progress towards Readiness in the Democratic Republic of Congo: an integrated monitoring and evaluation system for REDD+
- The National satellite forest monitoring system for REDD+
- The National REDD+ Registry
Friday December 2nd, 2011 – from 18:00 to 20:00 – Warsaw Room - EU Pavillion- Durban Exhibition Centre*
*This event was initially scheduled for Wednesday November 30th and has been postponed for logistical reason.
2- Investing in REDD+ in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- State of affairs, REDD+ in DRC: context and achievements to date
- Entering the investment phase: National REDD+ fund, early action programs and the REDD+ et Alignment strategy, the Forest Investment Program, early ideas for an integrated program at District scale in Mai Ndombe for submission to the FCPF carbon fund.
December 5th, 2011 – from 9:00am to 11:00am – Desert Room-Africa Pavillion– Durban Exhibition Centre*
*This event was initially scheduled for to take place at Pavillion Hotel, but has been moved to Africa Pavillion for convenience
3- Forest Day 5: REDD+ in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- DRC delegates will provide a demo of the monitoring and evaluation system for REDD+ and will answer all questions related to the national REDD+ process.
December 4th, Olive Convention Center, Durban South Africa
All events are open to the public, cocktails will be served.