Country Area : 475,650 km2
Forested Area (1000 ha) : 18,816
UN-REDD Programme Partner Country : Yes (as of December 2011)
Type of UN-REDD Programme Support Received : Targeted support
FCPF Member : Yes
Active FCPF Grant Holder: Yes
Readiness Grant Holder: Yes
Carbon Fund: No
Support to collaboration on governance with related initiatives
Governance (cross-cutting issue, Warsaw Framework pillars)
Key Country Documents
Key Recommended Resources
All Recent Documents
Country Focal Points
Find up-to-date contact information for all UN-REDD Programme Country Focal Points here.
Social Media Feeds
Total Approved Targeted Support Amount (US$) 35,800
|#||Timeline||Financial Information||Work Area (SNA Outcome)|
Lead National Institution: Ministry of Environment, Protection of Nature and Sustainable Development – Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
- Awareness raised to relevant stakeholders on the linkages between REDD+ and FLEGT and their participation in the processes are encouraged (FAO target).
- Regular information-sharing between REDD+ and FLEGT processes and stakeholders, in the context of cross-sectoral coordination are promoted (FAO target).
- Good practices developed by the FLEGT process are identified and used to enhance the REDD+ mechanism.
- The REDD+ and the FLEGT teams trained.
- Joint activities of REDD+ and FLEGT are developed and implemented.