Country Area : 587,295 km2
Forested Area (1000 ha) : 12,473
UN-REDD Programme Partner Country : Yes
Type of UN-REDD Programme Support Received : Targeted support, Support to country needs assessment (CNA)
FCPF Member : No
Active FCPF Grant Holder: No
Readiness Grant Holder: No
Carbon Fund: Yes
Progress against the Warsaw Framework for REDD+
National REDD+ Strategy/Action Plan
National Forest Monitoring System (NFMS)
+ view more
Key Country Documents
Key Recommended Resources
All Recent Documents
Country Focal Points
Find up-to-date contact information for all UN-REDD Programme Country Focal Points here.
Social Media Feeds
Total Approved Targeted Support Amount (US$) 175,000
|#||Timeline||Financial Information||Work Area (SNA Outcome)|
Lead National Institution: Ministry of Environment, Ecology, and Forests FAO: Ministre de l’Environnement, de l’Écologie, de la Mer et des Forêts
- Legal and regulatory framework, together with studies undertaken previously, analyzed, and gaps and duplications of work that may hinder the level of REDD + success identified.
- Opportunities to improve legal framework recommended, and proposals developed to amend current legislation or adopt new legislation, based on a participatory consultation process.
- Policy and institutional drivers, ways in which resources are used, impacts on programmes and policies in REDD+-related sectors analyzed, and recommendations drafted based on these to ensure national REDD+ preparedness.
- National capacity built to develop a vision and a national transformational strategy on REDD+,
- Stakeholders fully engaged in a collective discussion on the vision and national strategy on REDD+
- Policy, Legal and Regulatory (PLR) Review undertaken in the context of REDD+ recommendations addressed for legal reforms that would promote REDD+ based on a participative approach.